17 Best NYC Souvenirs For Visitors
There may be affiliate links in this post. Read my disclosure policy to learn more.
If you’ve never been to New York City, you will be surprised at the vastness of it. Everything seems bigger and bolder the towering Empire State Building and Chrysler building, Times Square’s glowing billboards, endless urban parks. But with all the things to see in NYC, can you really take one of everything home?
You don’t have to limit yourself. No matter what you select to remind you of your trip to NYC you are sure to enjoy it. You can use them in your home decor or just keep them in a memory box.
There are some timeless souvenirs that’ll be appreciated by anyone who visits New York for years to come. I’m including links to items you can buy at home as well. (This is my new favorite way to buy souvenirs! I don’t have to worry about suitcase space. I just have them mailed to my home.)
Here are some of the best NYC souvenirs:
Souvenir Maps and Prints
To commemorate your visit or bring it into the living room. You can find maps or prints of New York like this one all over the city. Or you can save room in your suitcase and get one like this.
- A SOPHISTICATED BLACK AND WHITE MAP OF NEW YORK CITY. This print looks gorgeous when framed on a wall and is suited to both modern and classical homes.
- PRINTED ON 175 GSM FINE ART PAPER. Museum-quality poster made on thick, durable, matte paper.
- MADE TO ORDER ESPECIALLY FOR YOU IN AMERICA. Shipped within 1-5 business days. The frame is not included.
Statue of Liberty figurine
These are sold in every gift shop in the city and some of them are downright weird. But there is one to suit every taste. From the elaborate to the minuscule, you can’t go wrong.
- Silver Statue of Liberty Replica^10 "
Empire State Building Statue
These statues are sold at every single souvenir shop in Manhattan. I’ve seen ones that are 3 feet tall, tiny ones that are the size of your pinky, colorful ones, and realistic ones. Which one do you like best?
- 9 Inches Tall
- Silver Empire State Building Statue
Souvenir Christmas Ornament
Ornaments are a great souvenir because they are generally small and super fun to have on your tree to remember vacation. I love the NYC taxi ornament, but there are Times Square ones as well as Big apples.
- 9 Inches Tall
- Silver Empire State Building Statue
NYC Subway Car
NYC subway in miniature is a great way to remember your trip. Want to remember your ride on the A train? The L train? Now you can. Buy one of these miniature New York City subway car play sets and make sure the subway is actually on time!
Seriously these are super fun for kids too, the cars fit standard wooden train tracks like the Thomas the Tank Engine ones and are really unusual and fun.
NYC Snow Globe
Buy a NYC snow globe to keep your memories sparkly clean! If you have visited New York City at Christmas you must get one!, It is reminiscent of the snow globe in Elf the movie. (This is a great souvenir to buy at home because snow globes are super easy to break in carry on luggage!)
- Authentic Replicas
- Plays Music "New York, New York"
- 5.5 Inches Tall (100mm Globe)
I Love NY T-shirt
Could you get any more iconic than this? The I love NY t shirt might be the greatest slogan ever created for tourism! These are great souvenirs for kids as well as adults. Buy them from vendors in Times Square or from souvenir shops, the prices are about the same. But those t-shirt are super low quality and tend to shrink after the first wash. I buy mine from this site and they are fabulous!
No products found.
Handmade New York Coaster
Want an elegant souvenir from the Big Apple? These coasters are an example of some fabulous ones you can find around the city. I have seen similar ones at the Bryant Park Christmas Market selling for $50+
- Handmade Original design ideal gifts.
- Made by Natural Sapele wood. Very elaborate map details.
- Size: 9.2x9.2x0.4cm, (3-5/8"×3-5/8"×1/8") for 1 piece
I ran into these beauties at the MOMA gift shop and didn’t get them, but recently found that they were sold online. This tumbler is etches with the street grid of New York City. They really shine when filled with a darker liquid. A beautiful gift for a NYC afficianado.
- Sand etched whiskey tumbler: Each Greenline Goods rocks whisky glass was etched by a skilled artisan and features a hand drawn street grid with map coordinates....
- 10 oz with a heavy base: Premium quality glassware, 100% LEAD FREE, and just the right size. This glass is suitable for any number of cocktail classics. Looks...
- Dishwasher safe & guaranteed for life: Each lowball drinking glass has been sand etched to maintain the integrity of the design. Will not wash off or get...
Want to remember your week in New York City with a Tiffany keychain or bracelet? Take home a heart bracelet or a keychain–so you can remember that weekend in NYC with your sweetheart!
NYC Lego Sets
You could buy a statue of the Empire State Building or the Statue of Liberty, but wouldn’t it be more fun to build it? FAO Shwartz and other toys stores around the city sell these sets so you can see them before you buy!
- Build a detailed model of the New York City Skyline, including the miniature Statue of Liberty, and 4x32 tiled base with decorative nameplate
- Model features the Flatiron, Chrysler, Empire State and One World Trade Center Buildings and is 10”/26cm high, 9”/25cm wide and 1”/4cm deep
- Capture the architectural essence of New York City with this magnificent set that brings together iconic buildings in an inspirational skyline setting
Humans of NY book
Human of NY coffee table book: Get a snap of your favorite person on the streets of NYC or Instagram them and you might just get featured in this book. The Human of New York project features candid photos and stories from everyday people around the city posted by Brandon Stanton–hugely popular!
- Used Book in Good Condition
- Hardcover Book
- Stanton, Brandon (Author)
Fridge Magnet of NYC
Magnet for your fridge of NYC. We get a magnet as a souvenir everywhere we go! It is lightweight, inexpensive and we love seeing our collection grow.
Take home a taste of NYC
Take home some iconic NYC food, Bagels from Russ and Daughters, Struedel and Knish from Zabars, cookies from Levain. For more ideas on the best things to eat in NYC check out my post about the best desserts in NYC.
Broadway showbill or t-shirt.
Remember the broadway musical you saw and prove to everyone you know that you saw it! You can buy a cd of the cast recording or all kinds of apparel with the logo on it.
We are happy to serve you coffee cup
You can just take the disposable one you get with your morning coffee or you can buy a ceramic version. This design was created in 1963 and adorns many coffee cups in NYC to this day.
If you have the ceramic one at home you can pretend you are in NYC running to the subway with 100 strangers trying not to spill your coffee.
Subway token jewelry
You can find this at the Grand Central Terminal gift shop or you can buy it here. There are rings, cufflinks, necklaces, earrings and other fun accessories made from Subway tokens.
No products found.
What did I miss? What is your best NYC souvenir and why? No matter what you choose to take home with you (or order after your trip!) you are sure to keep some awesome memories of the “city that never sleeps.” If you are looking for more New York City travel content, you have come to the right place. There are links below this post that will give you all the information you need to enjoy New York City at any time of year!
Like this article? Pin it for Later!
I endorse products I’ve personally used or come highly recommended by my trusted peers. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last update on 2023-05-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Leave a Reply