Best Travel Highchair: A Review of the Top 9
There may be affiliate links in this post. Read my disclosure policy to learn more.
It seems like everyday there is a new piece of gear that you need for travel! I know, I write and review most of them. But Travel Highchairs are so great it makes me wonder why no one thought of them when my kids were really young!
With so many different brands and styles of highchairs on the market, it can be really hard to choose just one. With that in mind, we reviewed the top 9 best travel highchairs for you to make your decision more manageable. We will also provide a buying guide with information about how to select the perfect travel chair for your needs.
Why would I want a highchair just for travel?
Think about how often you visit your parents. Think about how often you eat out at a restaurant. How often you take a quick road trip. There are quite a few times you are eating with your baby in an environment without a highchair. (Restaurants offer them, but they don’t look super clean ever.)
If you have a small foldable highchair that is easy to carry you have just solved a lot of baby mess-making.
Some highchairs are designed with a space-saving design for travelling. They’re lightweight and compact, so they’ll fit snugly into your car or luggage compartment. If you want to take one on holiday but don’t want to lug round a heavy piece of equipment in the heat, they can be really handy!
As well as this, some have easy-to-clean surfaces that make meal times an absolute breeze – just wipe them down quickly after use and put away until next time. This makes travel much more enjoyable for parents who don’t like having to clean up a large amount of mess after each meal.
The top 9 Travel Highchairs ranked from 1-9 from customer reviews
Chicco Pocket Snack Booster
The Chicco Pocket Snack Booster was our favorite for the best travel highchair because it’s lightweight and compact. It also has a very easy design to clean (which is great for parents who are constantly traveling!) with an attached tray that can be removed easily, keeping food off of your car seat or hotel room floor.
The seat moves to three different positions so that it can grow with your baby to toddlerhood.
The only downside to this booster chair would be if you wanted something more padded underneath since there isn’t much cushioning at all. But overall, we think this is a must have item as soon as your little one is sitting up and eating.
- Quick set-up; easy and compact fold
- Sturdy metal legs adjust to three height positions
- Removable tray adjusts to three positions
Toonoon Fast Table Chair
Compact, lightweight, easy to use for any height parent or child. It also has two seat adjustments which is a huge plus when you want to feed your baby from their highchair while they’re sitting up or in an upright position. The tray snaps down into place easily and there’s no worries about it coming off, so you can rest easy. All-in-all this chair is pretty fabulous! Light weight, small and easy to use.
- 【Hook on Highchair with Dining Tray】Free your hands. Designed for children from 6 to 36 months to eat with family at home or travel, safe and high load...
- 【Fit for Most Tables】Pls check your table first before buying.The removable fast table chair can be used for table 0.8" to 3.4" ,thick(20mm-85 mm), ....
- 【Safe and High Load Design】Stainless Steel Support + AL-alloy Back Tube, safety belt make sure our portable travel highchair is sturdy and safe. The easy...
Fisher Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster Seat
This chair is constructed for safety and comfort. It has a removable tray that’s dishwasher safe, which can be an issue with the other chairs because it wasn’t easy to access without getting food on your hands when removing them from the table!
The tray doesn’t have crooks for food to fall into the deeper tray below (which is great for kids who roll everything off the tray). You can also keep toys in the deeper tray to buy a little peace while you finish your dinner.
- Portable infant to toddler booster seat that straps easily & securely to most dining & kitchen chairs
- Dishwasher-safe feeding tray with snap-on lid and built-in cup holder
- 3 height adjustments and adjustable 3-point restraint to grow along with your baby
Baby Delight Go With Me
The Baby Delight Go With Me is a travel highchair that’s easy to take with you when traveling. It folds down into three pieces which are lightweight and compact so it doesn’t weigh too much, making it easier for parents who have other children to carry around as well. The seat is made of soft foam material and the tray has an elastic band at each side so food won’t fall off onto the floor or table in front of them.
This chair also comes with a cup holder attached on either side where cups, bottles or even sippy cups can be stored while they’re feeding their child without having to hold these items themselves. There’s also two safety straps included that help keep everything nice and secure during use.
- YOUR ON-THE-GO SOLUTION: As a parent, we know that life takes you many different places. So, we designed this toddler chair to fold up and fit into a portable...
- EXTENDED USE: As your child gets older, the chair continues to fit their needs. The Venture Chair converts from sitting, to standing, to big kid mode. Seats...
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Comes with a removeable snack tray and sun canopy. Also, made with fabric that is resistant to fading, stains, and mold making it just what...
Summer Infant Pop n Sit Portable Booster Seat
The Summer Infant Pop n Sit portable booster seat is a great option for those who want to have something that’s easy to take with them when on the go. It folds down into three pieces which are lightweight and compact so it doesn’t weigh too much, making it easier for parents who have other children to carry around as well.
The seat can be adjusted in height from 16″ up to 22″, accommodating children of different sizes. There’s also an adjustable footrest included with this chair so they won’t feel cramped while using it.. This chair is made out of soft foam material and has an elastic band at each side of the tray where cups or bottles will stay put during use without falling off onto the floor.
- INDOOR/OUTDOOR USE – The Summer Pop ‘n Sit Booster Baby Seat is an activity floor seat and booster all in one, and can be used both indoors and outside! For...
- ALL-IN-ONE SOLUTION – Whether you need booster seats at a restaurant, a chair at the park or even a floor seat for activity time at home, this portable...
- COMPACT FOLD – With an innovative pop and fold design plus a fast, easy and compact fold, you can have a space saver high chair and even use the Pop ‘n Sit...
Regalo My Highchair
The lightest highchair of the bunch, the Regalo My Highchair is a great option for those who want the best of both worlds: something that can be used at home and as a travel high chair. The tray has two positions, making it easy to feed your child while they’re sitting up or put them in an upright position when you need to go out with just one hand needed because there’s no changing from meal-to-meal!
There are also three different height adjustments so whether you have short parents like me or tall ones this chair will work well for everyone involved. This model folds down into five pieces which makes it compact enough to easily fit into any bag without taking up too much space but still big enough that I don’t feel cramped using it either.
- FOLD AND GO: Perfect highchair with oversized removable tray for extra space. Great for use as an activity chair, on-go, at the park, camping, beach or...
- PORTABLE AND DURABLE: designed with a simple fold and go deign. No set up required, easy on the go or storage. Great for indoor or outdoor use.
- NON-SKID: made will fully non-skid and scuff design at each foot.
Baby High Chair Harness
There are a number of brands of the high chair harness. (They were all about the same in ratings and design so I chose not to endorse one over another!) It works by attaching to a standard chair and then attaching your child to the harness. You can then feed them while they are secure in a chair.
The plus side of this type of chair is that it is super lightweight and will work just about anywhere.
The downside is that there isn’t a tray so you will want to feed your baby. (If your baby will let you!) Plus there is a great chance of a mess when you are finished.
OXO Tot Perch Booster Seat
The OXO Tot perch booster seat is the best of both worlds. It allows older toddlers to sit in adult chairs comfortably while still being at the right height for the table. There is no tray attached so it is definitely for older kids!
- Boosts tots from 15 months up to the perfect table height on any grown-up chair.Booster folds with the push of a button and straps are removable when your tot...
- 3-point harness keeps tots securely in Booster Seat. Straps are easy to adjust and can be removed when your tot becomes a big kid (3+ years). Straps can be...
- Collapses quickly and easily for convenient travel and compact storage. Cushion lifts out and its wipe clean
Airtushi is a new to market inflatable high chair that easily fits in a purse when deflated. It’s lightweight and durable- so it won’t be a pain when traveling. Plus it works similarly to the harness style high chairs in an even smaller package.
This type of high chair is not for everyone, as it does need to be inflated. But if you are someone who wants something that will fit in your purse when deflated this could work great!
Reviews are few on Amazon, but reviews on other sites are very good!
No matter which of these travel highchairs you choose, you will be very happy with it! Traveling with babies is a great adventure and these highchairs will help you on your way to that adventure!
I endorse products I’ve personally used or come highly recommended by my trusted peers. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last update on 2023-03-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Leave a Reply